5.6 Sending bug reports
If you really can’t find the cause of a problem, or if you suspect tinc is not working right,
you can send us a bugreport, see Contact information.
Be sure to include the following information in your bugreport:
- A clear description of what you are trying to achieve and what the problem is.
- What platform (operating system, version, hardware architecture) and which version of tinc you use.
- If compiling tinc fails, a copy of config.log and the error messages you get.
- Otherwise, a copy of tinc.conf, tinc-up and all files in the hosts/ directory.
- The output of the commands ‘ifconfig -a’ and ‘route -n’ (or ‘netstat -rn’ if that doesn’t work).
- The output of any command that fails to work as it should (like ping or traceroute).